


We made it! Baby Katelyn Ireta Shurtz named after her Grandma Ireta, was born on September 17th at 1:54pm. Quite a miracle actually. I was set up to be induced early this morning. Called in bright and early and they were full! So we waited until about 8:30am when they called with an extra delivery room available. By 10am we were all ready and the potassium had started! By 11 I was plenty ready for that epidural! At noon they checked me-happy as can be with the epidural-water had broken and I was just 5cm. 1pm hit and Adam was hungry so he was off to the cafeteria. 1:15 nursed came in and said we would need to give the doc plenty of time to get here since he was not in the area. She checked me and baby was ready...NOW! Nurses rushed to find Adam and another Doc! Doc and Adam finally arrived and soon after so did Baby Kate! The miracle was when the Doc slapped Katelyn's butt! Let me explain...this Doc was old school! He noticed the cord was wrapped around Kate's neck. He worked carefully to cut the cord in several pieces to get her out safely. She was not a pretty color and Adam's face was not so good. They handed the baby to the nurse and he told her she needed vigorous stimulation. Kate wasn't breathing. The Doc left me yelled to the nurse, "I said vigorous stimulation!" Turned Kate over spanked a good 4 times, then 4 more. I thought this man's crazy but then again...my daughter was not breathing-spake her again if you have tooo! He couldn't have been more perfect. He did what other Doc's would not have done. Becuase he gave her the "vigoros stimulation" I was able ot hold her in my arms! Doc said babies take an initial breathe and she was not able to do that becuase of the cord. Normally they have to be taken to the nursey and worked on to learn to breathe, but not this time! I know it was a blessing to have this crazy old man deliever my Baby Kate and what a miracle it was! P.S. I was the last one in the delievery room and first to deliever out of all the women in the hopsital! Nurses were betting and I won!
LOVE IT!
ReplyDelete