Thanksgiving Day we blessed our sweet Baby Kate. It was really special. We thought thanksgiving would be a perfect day to celebrate and bless our little angel. Bishop Hatch announced Lauren as "Lolo" of course and she soooo sweetly sang, "I Am A Child Of God" while standing on my parent's ottoman for the opening song. It was adorable! She was a little nervous so she almost spoke poetically until the chorus. Cute! Following the song Emma Cluff jumped on the ottoman and yelled, "My name is Emma Cluff and I am a Challenger student!" Couldn't have asked for a better Opening talk;) My dad gave the opening prayer and just thanked our Father in Heaven for our sweet baby girl. Ireta, Adam's mom gave a sweet talk and spoke about how strong Kate is and how she knows Kate will be strong her whole life. It was really sweet. Then Becca sang, Kenneth Cope's "His Hands" a song I love and one that was sang at Adam's missionary farewell. And then Adam blessed Katelyn with my dad, Adam's dad and Bishop Hatch. It was amazing! The theme of the evening seemed to be Kate's strength and what a fighter she is and how she will be strong her whole life through. The Bishop ended with saying, there are miracles all around us, even miracles in this room. He looked right at me as he said that and of course, I cried. It was such a special day. Adam's dad ended with the closing prayer and again thanked Heavenly Father for this child. He cried second time I'd ever seen him cry, but i'd never tell anyone that:) The blessing was sooo special! Then we took pictures and ate lots of food! Happy Thanksgiving!
P.S. Adam thinks it's funny to have strange facial hair when we take family pics. haha!
Love the Mustache Adam. What a sweetie pie she is:)
ReplyDeleteI got a good giggle out of the 'stache as well. Jason tried that once...just once. Kate is adorable and I cannot believe you have 4 kids! What a great mom you are!!
ReplyDeleteDang, Emma is SO cute.
ReplyDelete